Practice the words from Unit 1 on Quizlet
Complete the sentences using words from the word bank.
countries, hard time, environment, decide, highest, special, far away, hero, celebrate, collect, journal
- She ____________ her Bat Mitzvah on October 26.
- He decided to be the youngest person to climb Mt Everest, the ____________ mountain in the world.
- He decided to write a ____________ to keep memories from his journey.
- The Amazing Race is a TV show in which teams of two race against each other and travel through eight ____________.
- We’re trying to create a better learning ____________ for our students.
- We ____________ to travel to Italy in the vacation.
- We have a ____________ guest tonight.
- If you decide to travel ____________ and see the world, go to Argentina.
- He ____________ money for a charity called “Hopes and Homes for Children”.
- I had a ____________ breaking the news to my family.
- Their neighbor is a ____________. He ran into their burning apartment and saved the father.
Match the right words in the sentences below.
frighten, blend in with , hunt, belongs to, anymore, journey, behave, patiently, difficult, survived, camouflage, take place, author, hide, looking forward to, enemies
- This bag ____________ Jack.
- Rabbits use their white fur as ____________ in the snow.
- Gorillas ____________ differently in the wild and in captivity.
- I had to make a very ____________ decision.
- Jelly fish ____________ her so she doesn’t get in the water.
- She’s on the last part of a six-month ____________ through Asia.
- I’m ____________ seeing you on Friday.
- J.K. Rowling is the ____________ of the Harry Potter series of books.
- The plane crash-landed in the river but all the passengers ____________.
- People were waiting ____________ to see the doctor.
- Apple doesn’t sell that of computer modal ____________.
- The lizard changed its color to ____________ its new environment.
- Israel is a small country surrounded by ____________.
- There’s no point in trying to ____________ your true feelings.
- The Olympic Games ____________ every four years.
- Because wolves usually ____________ for large animals, they work together to catch their prey.
north, on fire, crashed, surprised, Nobody, alive, run away, accident, immediately, brave, screamed,
- The house was _____________ and there was smoke everywhere.
- The firefighters came _____________ after we called them.
- The Hermon mountain is in the _____________ of the country.
- Everybody was scared and _____________ for help.
- We started to _____________ but then the rescue workers came and found us.
- The airplane _____________ in the ocean but nobody was hurt. It’s amazing!
- I am _____________ I won the game. I thought there were other people better than me.
- The _____________ happened when he fell asleep while driving.
- The sheriff found the killer and brought him back _____________.
- They continued to fight without their weapons. They are _____________ men.
- _____________ knows how this plane crash happened.