am, is, are – make a question
Yes, my house is big.
Yes, these people are my parents.
Yes, I am always late.
4. __________________________? Continue reading
Art for Dogs – level 1
If you like dogs and art, this news is for you. There is an art gallery in London. It is special. It is a gallery for dogs. Dogs have fun at the gallery. They can play with the art.
There is a model of a car. There is a fan next to it. Dogs can sit in the car and look out the window. The fan makes wind. The dogs feel like they are in a real car.
There is also a big dog bowl. There are lots of brown balls in the bowl. The balls look like dog food. Dogs can get inside the bowl.
The man that makes the art gallery says: “I want to make dogs happy. Dogs need to play.
Practice the words on Quizlet
Practice the words in this exercise
Grammar Point : Practice There is / There are
- Is your house big?
2. Are these people your parents?
No, __________. Continue reading
Use am/ is/ are in the first sentence.
Use am not/ isn’t / aren’t in the second sentence.
Example: We are Israelis. We aren’t Italian.
- We _________ happy. We _________ sad.
- I _________ young. I _________ old.
- Dana _________ rich. She _________ poor.
- You _________ very tall. You _________ short.
- The food__________ good. It __________ bad.
- This bag _________ new. It _________ old.
- You ________ very thin. You ________ fat.
- My house _________ clean. It _________ dirty.
- They __________ people. They __________ animals.
- He ___________ a doctor. He ___________ a football player.
- The sofa _________ small. It _________ big.
- She _________ a young girl. She _________ an old woman.
Fill in the sentences with There is / There are
- __________ a sofa in the room.
- __________ some children in the yard.
- __________ many birds in that tree.
- __________ a picture on the wall.
- __________ some milk in the fridge .
- __________ some pupils in front of the teacher.
- __________ an elephant in the zoo.
- __________ five apples in that box.
- __________ some orange juice in the bottle.
- __________ a cat under the tree.
- __________ six chairs in the kitchen.
- __________ some money in my bag.
- __________ an alligator in the water.
- __________ some books on the table.
- __________ an old man behind the door.
Fill in the gaps with am / is / are.
We _________ happy.
I _________ strong and energetic.
Alice _________ my best friend.
You _________ funny.
Yuval__________ a lucky boy.
I _________ clever.
He ___________ 12 years old.
Sue and Carol __________ twins.
This cake _________ yummy.
My father _________ tall.
You ________ very thin.
I ________ his brother/ sister.
They __________ my friends.
She ________a dancer. She ________ very flexible.
The book ____________ interesting.
They ___________ doctors.
You ___________ very tall.
The table _________ small.
She _________ a young girl.
The stars _________ glowing.