Make Yes /No questions and write tag answers
(you / see Dan last week?)
Did you see Dan last week?
-Yes, I did.
– No, I didn’t.
1. (it / rain yesterday?) _______________________________________________________________
No, Continue reading
Put the verbs in Past Simple
- I _____________ (read) this story on the internet.
- A few years ago a police officer in America _____________ (need) a dog to help him with his police work.
- He _____________ (decide) to get a good police dog from Israel.
- He _____________ (know) that dogs that are trained in Israel are the best.
- He _____________ (be) lucky.
- In Israel, he _____________ (get) a beautiful, three-year old German Shepherd.
- He _____________ (take) it to the USA.
- But then, the trouble _____________ (start).
- The dog _____________ (not, understand) what the police officer said.
- The police officer _____________ (learn) the commands פקודות in Hebrew.
- But the dog still _____________ (not, understand).
- The police officer _____________ (not, know) what to do.
- Then he _____________ (have) an idea.
- He _____________ (go) to a rabbi.
- He _____________ (ask) the rabbi to teach him how to say the commands correctly in Hebrew.
- It was amazing! The dog _____________ (understand) the police officer and everyone _____________ (be) happy.
- Miky the dog _____________ (be) born in Holland and police officers _____________ (bring) him to Israel to train him.
- The police officer and Miky even _____________(help out) during a visit by president Obama.
I was 92 years old when I died.
I was the president of Israel.
Everybody in Israel knows my name.
I traveled the world a lot.
I fought to bring peace to Israelis and Palestinians.
Who am I?
I am 31 years old.
was born and raised in Hod HaSharon, Israel.
I am a famous model and businesswoman.
I work all over the world.
My baby girl is one month old.
Who am I?
Write the right questions for the following underlined answers. Use past simple.
- Remember: when the main verb is ‘be‘ (was/ were) don’t add the helping verb ‘did‘. Just move the verb be before the subject.
- Remember: in questions about the subject you replace the subject with the question word ‘Who’ (for people) or ‘What’ (for things).
A: Mary took the red sweater because it was clean.
A: The Titanic sank in 1912.
A: Sarah won first prize in Australia.
A: I was in the party last night.
A: Suzan was born in Barcelona. Continue reading
Once I was seven years old my mama told me
Go make yourself some friends or you’ll be lonely
Once I was seven years old
It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger
Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker
By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor
Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure
Once I was eleven years old my daddy told me
Go get yourself a wife or you’ll be lonely
Once I was eleven years old