am, is, are – make a question
Yes, my house is big.
Yes, these people are my parents.
Yes, I am always late.
4. __________________________? Continue reading
Runner gives up her race to help another runner in the Rio Olympics
We’re in the 5,000 meter race at the Rio Olympic Games. Runner Nikki Hamblin, from New Zealand, takes a bad fall. She trips up the United States runner, Abbey D’Agostino. The American gets back up, and helps Hamblin back to her feet. She wants to help her to finish the race. D’Agostino is hurt badly from the fall and falls down again. This time it is Hamblin who helps her get up. Together, they finish the race well after the other runners. They hug and cry at the finish line.
The elephant ______ (be) the planet’s largest land animal. It ______ (stand) up to 3 meters tall and __________ (weigh) up to 6,000 kilos.
Elephants _________ (have) complex brains and _________ (be) very clever and sensitive. They ________ (care) for their families and ________ (remember) faraway places and old pals. In fact, when elephants _________ (spot) friends, they often _________ (show) affection by wrapping their trunks together or resting them on each other’s foreheads. Continue reading
Wife Carrying Race
This news is about a sports event. It is a race. A man carries his wife in this race. He needs to run over obstacles. It is hard because of obstacles like water, or fences .
Forty-four couples race in the event. A couple wins. The husband and wife win beer and money. The money comes in cash. The money is more heavy than the wife. It is $655 (six hundred and fifty five dollars).
Practice the WORDS on Quizlet
Lowering the Voting Age to 16: Views for and Against
In many areas of the world, once you turn 16-years-old you’re eligible for a special right, a right that allows you to take part in shaping your community and your nation. Countries such as Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, and Nicaragua have already lowered the voting age to 16. In 1971, the United States lowered the voting age from 21 to 18, after millions of Americans protested against the Vietnam war and declared that if 18-year-olds were old enough to fight and die for their country, they should be able to vote in federal elections as well. Now there’s a push to make the voting age 16. Is lowering the age beneficial or problematic? Continue reading
north, on fire, crashed, surprised, Nobody, alive, run away, accident, immediately, brave, screamed,
- The house was _____________ and there was smoke everywhere.
- The firefighters came _____________ after we called them.
- The Hermon mountain is in the _____________ of the country.
- Everybody was scared and _____________ for help.
- We started to _____________ but then the rescue workers came and found us.
- The airplane _____________ in the ocean but nobody was hurt. It’s amazing!
- I am _____________ I won the game. I thought there were other people better than me.
- The _____________ happened when he fell asleep while driving.
- The sheriff found the killer and brought him back _____________.
- They continued to fight without their weapons. They are _____________ men.
- _____________ knows how this plane crash happened.
1.- My friend have/has a beautiful house in the city.
2.- I have/has a big apartment in London.
3.- My father have/has a new job.
4.- My brother have/has a lot of friends.
5.- They have/has an English test tomorrow. Continue reading