Tiny homes are mini houses people live in that are between 9-37 square meters. Some tiny homes even have wheels. Many people are choosing smaller homes over bigger ones so they can live a simple life. With tiny homes, you can travel around the world and visit friends and family when you want. If you live in a tiny house, you can spend more time with your family because the space is so tiny. You don’t have to pay money to clean a big home. You can even throw things away if you don’t need them, and only keep what is important. Continue reading
Peggy Whitson’s day begins with a wake-up call. She cleans and fixes things in the house. But her house this year is not a normal one. It is 250 kilometers above earth. Peggy is an astronaut. She lives in the World Space Station with 5 other astronauts. Continue reading
This is a true story. It happened in August in Rome, Italy.
People hear an old couple crying in their apartment. They call the police. The police come to check the apartment. They find the couple crying. “Why are you crying?”, they ask the old man and his wife.
The old couple tell them “We feel very sad and lonely after watching the news.” Jole is 84 years old. She sees the news and says to her husband, Michele, “there is so much hate in the world”. Michele tells the policemen that family and friends don’t come to see them. They only have the TV and they feel very lonely.
The policemen feel sorry for the old couple. They cook some pasta and make dinner for them. The policemen wait for the doctors to come and check the couple. They want them to be happy.
am, is, are – make a question
Yes, my house is big.
Yes, these people are my parents.
Yes, I am always late.
4. __________________________? Continue reading
Art for Dogs – level 1
If you like dogs and art, this news is for you. There is an art gallery in London. It is special. It is a gallery for dogs. Dogs have fun at the gallery. They can play with the art.
There is a model of a car. There is a fan next to it. Dogs can sit in the car and look out the window. The fan makes wind. The dogs feel like they are in a real car.
There is also a big dog bowl. There are lots of brown balls in the bowl. The balls look like dog food. Dogs can get inside the bowl.
The man that makes the art gallery says: “I want to make dogs happy. Dogs need to play.
Use am/ is/ are in the first sentence.
Use am not/ isn’t / aren’t in the second sentence.
Example: We are Israelis. We aren’t Italian.
- We _________ happy. We _________ sad.
- I _________ young. I _________ old.
- Dana _________ rich. She _________ poor.
- You _________ very tall. You _________ short.
- The food__________ good. It __________ bad.
- This bag _________ new. It _________ old.
- You ________ very thin. You ________ fat.
- My house _________ clean. It _________ dirty.
- They __________ people. They __________ animals.
- He ___________ a doctor. He ___________ a football player.
- The sofa _________ small. It _________ big.
- She _________ a young girl. She _________ an old woman.
- Do you make friends easily?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you throw trash on the street?
- Do you usually help your friends?
- Do you usually help your mother and father in the house?
- Do you cook?
- Do you save money?
- Do you play computer games?
- Do you like the color red?
- Do you have a computer in your room?
- Do you like sports?
- Do you often watch the same movie more than once ?
- Do you go to sleep late?
- Do you believe in god or angels?
- Do you go to sleep with the lights on?
- Do you like chocolate ice-cream?
- Do you trust people?
- Do you lie sometimes?