Fill in the correct form of the verb in brackets. Use Present Simple or Present progressive.
Notice the Time Expressions.
- Emma and her friend Linda are very close. They phone (phone) one another at least once a day.
- Hold on a second, Lisa. I want to turn off the water heater. The water is boiling (boil).
- The lifespan of a turtle varies (vary) greatly depending on the species of turtle. The average lifespan of adult box turtles is (be) 50 years. Sea turtles have (have) the longest lifespan of up to 152 years.
- I’ll call you back later. Someone is knocking (knock) at the door. It’s probably the delivery boy. He brings (bring) us our newspaper every Friday right on time.
- We buy (buy) a new book every month.
- – Hello, Mrs. Becker. May I speak with Dan? – Dan is (be) not here at the moment. He is (be) at the computer shop.
- It takes (take) about 365 days for the Earth to go around the Sun once.
- The Apple Store in New York opens (open) at 9:00 every morning, Monday through Saturday. It closes (close) at 9 pm. It’s 10 am so I am going (go) there right now.
- Robbie: Hi Jack! Where are (be) you right now? We are waiting (wait) for you. — Jack: I am taking (take) a taxi to work today. I usually drive (drive) my car to work, but it has broken down and is still in the garage.
- The Amazon River in South America is (be) the largest river (by discharge of water) in the world. It flows (flow) into the Atlantic Ocean.