Do you like fruit and vegetables? Read about special ways you can use them.
by Ben Miller
The Vegetable Music Band*
The Vegetable Music Band is a special band that plays music with fruit and vegetables. In the band, there are five musicians**.
Before every show the musicians buy carrots, potatoes, watermelons and other fruit and vegetables at the market. They wash the fruit and vegetables and make holes in them. This takes them a long time.
At the show, the musicians blow*** into the holes in the fruit and vegetables. That is how they make music. People from all over the world come to see the show.
After the show, a chef makes soup with the vegetables that the musicians don’t use. The people who come to the show eat the soup together with the musicians.
* Band להקה
** musicians מוזיקאים
1. What is special about The Vegetable Music Band?
- a They use food to make music.
- b They make music at the market.
- c They eat soup before every show.
- d There are five people in the band.
2. Circle Yes or No.
Do people like The Vegetable Music Band? Yes / No
Copy a sentence from the text that shows this.
העתיקו מהטקסט משפט המראה זאת.
3. What do the musicians do before the show?
Put the words in the right sentence.
interesting, use , cuts, holes, play, buy, make music
- What kind of soap סבון do you _____________?
- Every evening she _____________ vegetables to make a salad.
- My mom told me an _____________ story about her trip to China.
- The band uses fruit and vegetables to _____________.
- They make _____________ in the fruit and vegetables to make the sound.
- Before every show, they go to the market to _____________ the vegetables.
- They _____________ by blowing into the holes.
- The Vegetable Music Band am / is / are a special band.
- The Band plays/ doesn’t play music with fruit and vegetables.
- Before every show the musicians buy/ buys fruit and vegetables at the market.
- They wash/ washes the fruit and vegetables and make/ makes holes in them.
- This takes/ doesn’t take them a long time.
- At the show, the musicians blow/ blows into the holes in the fruit and vegetables.
- They make/ makes music.
- People from all over the world come/ comes to see the show.
- After the show, a chef make/ makes soup with the vegetables that the musicians use/ don’t use.
- The people who come to the show eat/ don’t eat the soup together with the musicians.
Write some questions for the text. Use verbs like buy/ make/ take / use/ eat….
More Grammar: Present Simple