Practice the Words
Practice the Words -2
Peggy Whitson’s day starts at 6 o’clock in the morning. She cleans and fixes things in the house. But her house this year is not a normal house. The house is in space, 250 (two hundred and fifty) kilometers above earth. Peggy is an astronaut. She lives in the World Space Station with five other astronauts. Continue reading
Learn the WORDS
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamondFind light in the beautiful sea
I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We’re like diamonds in the sky
Write the questions for the following answers.
A: Shira was here last night
A: Mr. Bond lived in that house. Continue reading
Practice the Words on Quizlet
In 2010, Dawn Brancheau, a Seaworld trainer, died after an attack from Tilikum, an orca whale at Seaworld and one of the San Diego park’s main attractions. The documentary Blackfish tells the story of Tilikum and his long-term trainer Brancheau, and the psychological trauma and stress the whales in the water park endure while in captivity. Blackfish also describes Tilikum’s journey to Seaworld, and how the multi-billion dollar animal park industry runs despite pressure from animal rights groups to shut down. Brancheau, who had 17 years of experience, was feeding Tilikum and having bonding time with him when Tilikum suddenly dragged her into the water and violently tossed her around. Brancheau ultimately drowned and died from horrible injuries. Continue reading
Practice the Words on Quizlet
Bethany Hamilton – Soul Surfer
What happens if you’re an athlete and an accident takes away one of the most helpful tools you have to succeed? Bethany Hamilton grew up on the North Shore of Kauai. She was born into the surfer lifestyle. Many people in her community surfed and her parents also loved the sport. Her father was a waiter and her mother cleaned rental condos, earning just enough for them to cover the bills and be able to surf in their free time. For the people in Bethany’s community, surfing was a way of life. Continue reading
We are in the Rio Olympic Games. We’re in the 5,000 meter race. Nikki Hamblin is a runner from New Zealand. She falls hard and hits her shoulder. Abbey D’Agostino is the American runner. She is right behind Nikki. Because Nikki is down on the ground, Abbey falls down too. Abbey gets up, and helps Nikki get up too. She wants to help her. She wants her to finish the race.
But Abbey is hurt badly from the fall. Her leg hurts so much that she falls down again. Now Nikki helps her get up. Together, they finish the race after all the other runners. They hug and cry at the finish line.
Use the correct relative pronoun: where / when/ which / whose / who
- This is the neighborhood ______________ I live.
- The girl ______________ is standing near the door is Sarah.
- The dog ______________ is barking belongs to Mike.
- We are visiting Australia ______________ my brother lives.
- The man ______________ is sitting on the couch is very rich.
- I like the painting ______________ is on the wall.
- I didn’t know the child ______________ brought the book.
- They called the lawyer ______________ office they visited last week.
- He’ll show you something ______________ will surprise you.
- This is the school ______________ I learned when I was young.
- The key ______________ is on the table is not mine.
- Let’s go to a restaurant ______________ we can eat some good meat.
- She worked for a man ______________ used to be an athlete.
- We broke the computer ______________ belonged to my father.
- This is the man ______________ money I borrowed last month.
- There isn’t a day ______________ I don’t feel rushed off my feet.
- She’s the only person ______________ really understands me.
- This is the place ______________ we met.
- I remember the day ______________ you joined the army.
- I met a Japanese tourist ______________ lives north of Tokyo.
- I met a friend last week ______________ husband is the CEO of a big company.
- David bought a new camera ______________ was made in Japan.
- The film is about a man ______________ daughter was lost.
- Here is the new cellphone ______________ I got for my birthday.
- This is the man ______________ married my sister.
- This is the old lady ______________ house is next to ours.
- I think that 2003 was the year ______________ my parents met.